Thursday, October 23, 2008

a lot has happened, nothing has happened, a lot of nothing has happened

except for school school school.



My birthday happened, which was great because i got to celebrate it in both LA and PA. I had amazing weekends in both places. i also got extremely drunk in both places, hah.. big mistake.. deletedeletedelete. Coming back from home i jumped right into a nonstop work week which consisted of only 4 hours of sleep a night, and an even bigger addiction to coffee, after telling myself i didnt want to drink it anymore, and wanted to be healthy. YEAH RIGHT, like that happened, i've been stuffin my face like no tomorrow :( The work load has slowed down, and i've been getting BETTER at time management and self motivation. i said better-- not good, hah.

but with all this nonstop work, while i do feel like im learning SO much, im not up to par in my classes. i know its my homework and stuff, but after six hours of class a day im ready to just come back here and vegg like a potato. I'm actually really liking my Visual Communications and my Relief Monotype classes, and im warming u to sculpture, although i get intimidated by the physical problem solving sometimes. bleh, well luckily im pretty sure my mid terms are over and im getting back into the swing of things, and ive finally found time to doodle again.

i picked up a few prisma colors which were on sale at utrecht when i had to buy a ruler for class, so i've been experimenting, and i want MORE.
after looking at this, i think it was indirectly inspired by c215, a stencil artist whose work i saw in Brooklyn once, and is often mentioned on Wooster Collective.


this was my second time using the prismacolors, the first picture was my third. This one was after i took my Women Artists mid- term. did not do so well on it, or at drawing the hands, so i drew mittens. :/ its been so cold here, its like winter without the snow. BUT it means i can wear my leather jacket and convertible mitten/gloves. :) wooohooo. its knitting season! that reminds me ill post pictures of my knitted tent later


It reacently just hit me that its been more than a year since i moved here.
HOLY SHIT.
I went through old facebook pictures and i was like oh jeesus that was so long ago, but it just happened. I feel like everything has gone by so fast. but so slow, its such a weird feeling. Since school started i dont feel like a lot has happened, just that ive been going through the motions, constantly having work thrown at me, and i let it pile up until i have to dig myself out, and i feel like i miss home more than ever. i wish i could be sitting on that couch so bad. even though i went home just two weeks ago, i dont feel like ive had a break. Besides Larry&Linda, im pretty sure i miss the chicken canvas and the bookshelf the most.

Something i'm super stoked about is that im going to New York next week-- TWICE!
im mostly excited just to have a break and explore somewhere else. I'm hoping i get to see Meghan and Soyoung while i'm there, and Gab told me about Banksy's new exhibit, The Village Pet Store and the Charcoal Grill. Shit is going to be rediculous. He makes 3d models and experiments with animitronics and its CRAZY i cantw ait to see it in person. no doubt ill be taking my camera. Other than that im excited to just have free time and explore the city, hopefully have time to doodle.


Well other than that, my life has bee a lot of cheering for EVAn Longoria of the phillies, eating carpet woven crackers, wearing ugg boots and sweat pants, and keeping my eyes out for them squirrels if you know what i mean. if you don't then stop reading this, you're not my friend, or more importantly, Nina's friend.. which means ur really not cool.

.. but either way, im looking for some distractions, wanna help me find some?

3 comments:

Gabrielle Bonghi said...

i found a squirrel on somebody's leg?! hahah dude i hope your work load gets less. I know what you mean by nothing has happened. it's not like the dorms where everyone was around & everything was easy access. that's what the weekends are for... barely. keep your head up :)

Kate Egan said...

http://news.aol.com/health/article/coffee-can-shrink-breasts-study-finds/218657?icid=100214839x1211806181x1200746497

COFFEE IS GOOD FOR YOU. It prevents breast cancer.

High five for the win!

Nina said...

we're gonna get our shit done. and I'm going to look out for squirrels for you. especially one. black and white milkshake hipster. yum!